Tunistrong Technologies Inc.
Utilizing Tunicates - a problem marine invader - to make
High Performance Biomaterials.
- Our product focus is nanomaterials made from cellulose.
- Tunicates are the only animal source of cellulose which is superior in strength and environmental benefits when compared to cellulose from plants.
- Our nano materials will offer new unique options for customers formulating composite materials who need ingredients to add strength with little added weight from a chemically pure and natural biologic source.
- We are a pre-commercial company and this is an introductory web site!
Tunicates as a Bycatch
- Tunicates are a marine filter feeding invertebrate animal which have spread across world and have become resident in Atlantic Seaboard waters
- Ciona intestinalis is a species of Tunicate that has proliferated in estuarial waters on Prince Edward Island Canada
- They are a nuisance because they compete for food with commercial shellfish like Blue Mussels. They grow in colonies on the gear used to grow blue mussels
- The mussel growers clean “Ciona” off the mussel lines and “growing socks” creating a bycatch and a source of biomass
Creating Value from a Nuisance Species
CEO & Co-founder
Ian loves to build companies
International Natural Ingredient Marketing
and Sales Experience
CTO & Co-founder
Matt’s PhD Thesis Research developed
our initial Patent
Chemist and Tunicate Subject Matter Expert
We are interested to connect with people and organizations interested in our company.
Please provide your contact information and we will respond as appropriate